Sophie Conroy ,
High Performance Nutritionist,
Galway GAA & Academy Performance Nutritionist at Connacht Rugby
Welcome back everyone to Episode 50.
First of all i would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the support of the podcast so far!! i hope you have gained some value from it and that it has helped in some small way to keep the coaching fire burning for you!!
In this episode i had a chance to with the fantastic Nutritionist SOPHIE CONROY.
Sophie is currently working as a High Performance Nutritionst with both the Galway Mens Senior GAA team as well as Connacht Rugby Academy based in Galway.
Sophie is a phenomenal resource for all things Nutrition and we got a chance to talk about a number of really interesting topics.
With her experience of working with the likes of Tipperary GAA, Kildare GAA & Hockey Ireland as well as her background in Sports Science and her achievement of The IOC Diploma in Sports Nutrition she has a huge amount of knowledge of how both athletes and Regular people can benefit from an improved relationship with food!!
Hope you guys enjoy the episode .
In this episode we got to chat about some of the following topics :
- Her background & her current work.
- Challenges she has encountered while working with high level GAA and Rugby teams.
- Recommendations & Strategies for Athletes who are looking to improve their performance and how implement them in a straight forward way.
- The Power of Social Media and how we should approach it when we are looking for good Healthy Nutrition Education .
- Why Creative Thinking can be the key to effective nutrition education when working with a club team.
- How to promote and build a healthy nutrition approach and environment when working with Athletes and Teams.
To find out more about Sophie check out the link below.
It was an absolute pleasure to chat to Sophie and she brought up some great ideas that we can all use i think to improve our own relationships towards food .
Thanks so much for taking the time Sophie and Best of luck with Galway & Connacht .
Hope you enjoy the show folks and if you are enjoying the podcast don't forget to hit the Subscribe button!
Until next time folks,
Much Love as always,
Your Humble Coach