Laura O'Grady ,
Personal trainer , ISL Yoga Teacher
Owner at The Life Of A CODA
Welcome back everyone to Episode 52.
In this episode i had the pleasure of getting to talk with the amazing up and coming coach LAURA O'GRADY about her work with the deaf community and being a leader in a vitally important field.
Laura may have only been involved in the fitness community for the past 2 years but she has been helping people feel at ease all her life .
Laura was an absolute pleasure to talk to and is definitely a name to watch out for in the future!!
Hope you guys enjoy the episode .
In this episode we got to chat about some of the following topics :
- Laura's Background and how she got into coaching .
- Some of the reason she got into caching and why Blind boy from The Rubber Bandits podcast was an inspiration for getting started.
- Vital lessons she has brought from her family experience into her coaching practice .
- The importance of awareness of the difference in coaching cues and techniques when working with hearing and deaf clients.
- An insight into the differences in her approach when working with the deaf community.
- The value of simplicity in our communication and the importance of understanding your client thoroughly.
- The value of modern technology for the deaf community.
- Motivation and confidence building in clients.
- The importance of understanding the deaf community when working with deaf or hard of hearing clients.
- Different gears in her coaching.
- Practical tips and areas that we as coaches can improve on to help make our educational content more accessible.
- Overcautious coaching.
- Her next coaching step .
To find out more about Laura check out the links below.
RTE Radio Interview :
It was an absolute pleasure to chat to Laura and i look forward to seeing lots more of your great work in the future.
Thanks so much for taking the time Laura.
Hope you enjoy the show folks and if you are enjoying the podcast don't forget to hit the Subscribe button!
Until next time folks,
Much Love as always,
Your Humble Coach