Paul Kilgannon , Coaching Educator and Author of ” COACHING CHILDREN IN SPORT - The CARVER Framework “ - Part 2
Episode #46 - Part 2
Paul Kilgannon ,
Author of " COACHING CHILDREN IN SPORT - The CARVER Framework "
Welcome back everyone to Episode 46.
In this episode i had the great pleasure of chatting to the local Galway coaching legend that is Paul Kilgannon .
Paul is a teacher by profession and his experience in the classroom has set him in good stead as he has developed as a brilliant coach and coaching educator over the past number of years.
He has most recently written the brilliant book " Coaching Children in Sport - The CARVER Framework" which is not just another book of drills.
This book has been lauded by experts around the world as among the essential coaching books of our time and rightly so.
In this episode we got to chat about some of the following topics :
-His background and how be got into coaching education
- Trainers v's Coaches and the importance of coaching the game out of the player.
- How to build a strong positive learning environment with a team .
- How Connection creates culture and the value of the Team charter.
- The Constraints Led Approach and how and when to use it .
- Awareness of Self and Game in order to maximize potential learning opportunities.
- The importance of JEF ( Judging Effort First) and the value of being able to contribute to the cause.
- Praise the Act , Not the Player.
- And lots more!!
To find out more about Paul check out the links below.
Connacht Tribune Article
" Coaching Children in Sport - The CARVER Framework" Book
*Available at Elvery's Nationwide also
I would like to say a Massive thanks to Paul for joining on this episode and i look forward to seeing a lot more of his work in the future. I have no doubt that the CARVER Framework will be a massive help to coaches everywhere in helping to build their own "Coaching World".
Hope you enjoy the show folks and if you are enjoying the podcast don't forget to hit the Subscribe button!
Until next time folks,
Much Love as always,
Your Humble Coach