Michael Day ,
Sport Scientist & Performance Nutritionist , Galway GAA,
Welcome back everyone to Episode 44.
In this episode i had a chance to sit down with a brilliant up ad coming young coach Michael Day .
Michael has had a very interesting path to his current position and knows only too well the ups and downs that come with being a high level sportsman.
Originally hailing from the island of Inishbofin , Michael progressed through the Playing ranks with Galway all the way to gaining a senior call up until he was hampered by a very challenging injury.
During his time away from playing he continued to follow his passion for Nutrition and completed a Masters in Human Nutrition in Ulster University Coleraine.
Having gained valuable experience both in a sport performance and clinical setting he is now working alongside Dr. Maeve Gacquin in providing Performance Nutrition services to a number of the Galway inter-county teams including the senior hurling team as well as a number of clubs round the county.
In this episode we got to chat about some of the following topics :
- Major influences in his Coaching philosophy
- Essential areas that players can focus on to improve their performance via their nutrition
- The value of a disciplined health oriented approach to injury rehabilitation
- Areas that we as coaches can improve on when dealing with non-elite players.
- Important areas that should be considered when implementing a nutrition program with either an individual or a team and the differences.
- And lots more!!
To find out more about Michael check out the link below.
It was a pleasure to chat to Michael and i have a feeling we are going to hear a lot more about him and the work he is doing in the future.
Thanks a million for joining me Michael and best of luck with all for the teams for the year ahead.
Hope you enjoy the show folks and if you are enjoying the podcast don't forget to hit the Subscribe button!
Until next time folks,
Much Love as always,
Your Humble Coach