Carmen Bott, Owner of Human Motion Strength & Conditioning and Professor of Kinesiology at Langara College and Simon Fraser University,Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Carmen Bott ,
Owner of Human Motion Strength & Conditioning,
Professor of Kinesiology at Langara College and Simon Fraser University,
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Author of "The Wrestlers Edge"
Welcome back everyone to Episode 41 and in this episode i was lucky enough to get to chat to the excellent Carmen Bott .
Carmen is a brilliant combination of both World level S&C coach as well as a respected professor of kinesiology and brings a huge amount of experience to all of the teams and athletes she works with.
In this episode we got to chat about some of the following topics
- Her current work with SF University as well as the various teams and high level athletes that she works with .
- Philosophy v's Methodology and the value of basing ones philosophy on strong core values and beliefs .
- Training principles and Engagement v's Entertainment.
- Why " The doubt never ends" .
- Polarized Training and some ideas on how to implement it depending on the athlete.
- Challenges of working in a Varsity setting with other coaches and the importance of shared ideals and vision to ensure a cohesive team.
- The importance of composure in Coaching.
- Some of her favorite up and coming Athletes and Coaches .
To find out more about Coach Bott and the awesome work she is doing
check out some of the links below.
Human Motion S&C Website
Coach Bott on Linkedin
The Wrestler's Edge Program
It was awesome to get to chat to Carmen and I really appreciate her taking the time to chat.
Hope you enjoy the show folks and if you are enjoying the podcast don't forget to hit the Subscribe button!
Until next time folks,
Much Love as always,
Your Humble Coach